Thursday, March 14, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Pin

 
 
 
 
 
This isn't "technically" a card.  I created the "award" type pin by first using a 12" x 1 1/2" piece of green gingham.  Then I border cut one edge.  I used my Martha Stewart score board to score mark every 1/4".  After folding on the scores I used a heavy duty tape to tape the ends together.  (I've found alot of trouble keeping the ends together with any other tape or glue.)  I used the heavy duty tape to tape the "doily" to a round circle.  (The circle is in the back.)  I punched a 1" round white cardstock with my favorite Fisker punch.  I stamped the design with Dark Forest Veri-Sign ink.    I decided to add a little bling with dark green, clear and orange round rhinestones.
Then I created a "ribbon" with a dark green Bazzil cardstock and an orange paper I had purchased from Oriental Trading.  I glued the "ribbon" on the back of the "award" and added a clasp pin.  After cutting a piece of Dark Forest Bazzil stock larger then the ribbon I "pinned" the whole creation to the Dark Forest and stamped "You are my Lucky Charm" in white opaque ink.  Ta-Da...there you have it.  I plan on giving this to a good friend who is not only Irish but took a cruise there a few years back.


No comments:

Post a Comment